N B'ford Historic Tour

img

1271- 103rd Street
Learn more More

This resplendent and massive residence is the Foley house, built prior to electrical or water service to this block. Home (1917-45) of Dr. J.W. MacNeil, Superintendent of Saskatchewan Hospital. Note Corinthian columns, beveled-glass, and window's ...

img

1072- 105th Street
Learn more More

The Breton house, a 2-1/2 storey Princess Anne style, built in 1912 for $5,000.

img

1262- 102nd Street
Learn more More

Dr. Jackson's home built in 1910. Note stone fence with pillars topped by globes. 

img

1371- 97th Street
Learn more More

Home of Jake Ratz, owned and operated Ratz and Co. Men's Shop at 1072 King Street. A memorial window bears his name at St. Paul's Anglican Church. House was built in 1912.

img

1391- 96th Street
Learn more More

The Craig house, an English Country house built in 1934-1935 for George D. Boyd, automobile dealer. The living room has a beamed Gothic ceiling and a carved white marble fireplace. Two dropped copper and opalescent chandeliers hang from the centre ...

img

1302- 99th Street
Learn more More

St. Paul's Anglican Church built for $5000 in 1912. Third Anglican Church on this site. Note stained glass memorial window donated in 1944 by the R.A.F. in memory of their comrades of No. 35 Service Flying Training School killed while on active ...

img

1392- 101st Street
Learn more More

Clock tower in front of library. Clock preserved from post office, built in 1913.

img

1391- 97th Street
Learn more More

Henry Wm. Detwiller, Realtor, first president of the Board of Trade in 1906, built in 1911. Occupied by A. Stanley Jones, threshing machine manufacturer; J.A. Gregory, ten-term mayor, two-term MLA, and MP; H.G. Sparling, lawyer. Divided into suites ...

img

1302- 97th Street
Learn more More

R.R. Mumford, Realtor, built in 1912. Longtime resident was Dr. and Mrs. Hurlburt, pioneer doctor. Dennis and Joanne Maher purchased the house from Ron and Rita Close. The Mahers have spent a great deal of effort in restoring the house. Note knee ...

img

1491- 99th Street
Learn more More

The Acaster house was built in 1912 for James Griese, Real Estate Agent and Mayor that year. The Acasters have been most particular in restoring this house to its former elegance. 

img

1301- 104th Street
Learn more More

Kiwanis Boys and Girls Club. Part of early firehall. Used for many years as a Council Chamber. After being moved to this site, it became the Public School Board office and then the old Art Centre.

img

1491- 97th Street
Learn more More

John Paul II Separate High School. Built as the North Battleford Collegiate Institute in 1912-1913 by Thomas W. Holsworth, Contractor. Closed from 1921 to 1925 due to City's financial difficulties, students all went to Connaught School. Rebuilt in ...

img

1301- 102nd Street
Learn more More

Third Avenue United Church. Built in 1913 for $35,000. Stained glass Gothic lancet windows.

img

1134- 100th Street
Learn more More

Was originally the Bank of Montreal, later became the offices of Dr. Wolfe, Dr. Gormley and Dr. Good.

img

1481- 98th Street
Learn more More

Is the only survivor of the "Twins", an exact building was in existence at 1491-98 street, but was torn down. Old timers humorously say the "Twins" were constructed from bricks destined for the construction of King Street School. They believed the ...

img

1201- 104th Street
Learn more More

Notre Dame De Lourdes Church built in 1925, painting and art decorations by B. Imhoff. Cost of church construction was $30,000. 

img

1157- 100th Street
Learn more More

Parsons Paint Shop with Orange Hall above. Built in 1907. During the war years, dances were held every Saturday Night, fights got out and the place got the name "Bucket of Blood". Note oriel window. 

img

1142- 100th Street
Learn more More

Canadian Bank of Commerce built in 1909-1910 by a contractor of Toronto at a cost of $20,000. The two-storied "white brick building, with a facade of Menomonie pressed brick and cut stone, features two terra cotta columns on each side of the ...

img

602- 99th Street
Learn more More

Built by a retired sea captain by the name of Boyce. Home of Ariel Sallows.

img

1172- 105th Street
Learn more More

Showplace built by Wm. W. Bradley, realtor, in 1912. Owned later by Miles Morin, MLA. Unique double front verandah. 

img

1071- 106th Street
Learn more More

The J.D. Sheply house. Built in 1908 by Joseph Shepley and presently owned by grand-daughter Betty Gordon. Has original front door with oval window. 

img

1162- 105th Street
Learn more More

Residence of Wilbur Bowers, merchant, Mayor of North Battleford 1935-1940.

img

1181- 100th Street
Learn more More

Battleford Trading Co. store originally managed by Detwiller and Brigham. Built in 1905. 

img

1 Railway Ave. E.
Learn more More

Carnegie Library, fundraising began in 1913, built in 1916. City Heritage Building, Gonor-Sapp Gallery.

img

1292- 99th Street
Learn more More

A.M. Panton, lawyer, built pre-1913. Two-and-a-half storey. Was a hospital at one time. Note T-shaped window and long sloping roof which projects over front verandah. 

img

112 and 1120- 101st Street
Learn more More

Pickel and Foley Building, former Dominion Cafe.

img

1401- 96th Street
Learn more More

House of Montage A. Wood, Real Estate Agent, built in 1912 for $5,000. Various owners of this house have been J.D. Deans who had an Essex Car dealership and later served as the Mayor from 1940 to 1946. Mr. C.R. McIntosh resided in this house from ...