Located 1.5 miles south of Battleford on Old Highway No. 4 is the first known and oldest standing brick building built in the Province.
Constructed in 1877, it served as the Land Titles Office, housing all land deeds in the area when Battleford was the capital of the Northwest Territories, until 1907.
Between the years of 1907 to 1917 it had been sold to Henry Felix Smart and used as a private residence.
In 1955 the residence had been sold to Clinton Greenwood.
It was designated a Provincial Heritage Property in 1983, and currently the vacant building has been leased to the Battle River Settlement Foundation Inc. as part of a restoration project.